Shopping Cart0 item(s) - $0.00
Dependence: Bethesda Series (Leader's Manual)
Dependence is the 3rd study in our Bethesda Series of Bible studies for people affected by disability. Unpack the paradox of dependence by studying how Jesus daily depends on his Father. Notice how Jesus’ dependence kept him from being concerned about what others thought of him and freed him to love without fear. Learn to do the same through this interactive Bible study.
• Guided interactive approach enables all students — both those affected by disability and typical peers — to discover key teachings of the lesson for themselves.
• 12 flexible lesson plans with illustrations and step-by-step instructions.
• Materials list includes props for role-playing and online videos to share with students.
• Tips to help teachers: Kim’s World, Teaching Notes, and Gospel Connection.
• Study can be used one-on-one, or with a small group.
• The companion, Dependence: Student's Manual is also available.
*Price is 15% off of retail price
• Group reading is made easy because Bible passages are included and color-coded.
• Students engage in the Bible passage through role-playing, puppetry or videos.
• Students build heart and head knowledge of the Bible through the interactive questions and simple illustrations.
• The “What About Me?” section provides simple questions designed to help students apply the teaching to their lives.Students build heart and head knowledge of the Bible through the interactive questions and simple illustrations.
Retail Price: $24.99
Length: 120 pages
Size: 8.5 x 11 inches
Binding: Spiral Bound Paperback
Table of Contents
List of Props
1. I Can't Do This by Myself!!
2. I Surrender!
3. What Do You Want Me to Do?
4. "Just Say No"! Ask
5. When We Pray, We Surrender "My Way"!
6. I Am Starving!
9. You Can Do It...Say,"Hi"!
10. I Am Leaking!
12. She Messed With the Schedule!
"The Word of God should be – must be – accessible to all, and people with intellectual disabilities, young and old, are no exception. This is why I'm so excited that my friend Jill Miller has developed a robust Bible curriculum that engages the student in real Bible study. Jill and her team have gone to great pains to ensure that this curriculum is interactive and appealing to students, and I highly applaud her efforts. The Bethesda Series is a ‘must’ for every church that desires to make Christ’s Gospel accessible to all, and the best place to start is Unit 1, Compassion. Thank you, Jill, for a job well done!” - Joni Eareckson Tada, Joni and Friends International Disability Center
"The Bethesda Series does many things really well but chief among them is allowing everyone in our community to see and experience Jesus in multiple ways. We hear from Him by looking at the Bible and asking just the right questions. We see Him through our interactive drama, activities and props. We speak about Him to each other, to God in prayer and then to others as the studies push everyone to live out this love of Jesus. The studies are innovative, and repetitive in just the right measure. A year later, our friends can still tell you the three steps of love (looking, compassion, and helping) because they learned it over and over and then lived it out. We have searched and tried many studies for our inclusive Young Life Capernaum and Church Sunday School communities and found this series to be the most helpful in going deeper in learning about Jesus and seeing His love come alive in our midst." - Clint and Jen Dowda, Pastor and Young Life Capernaum Team Leaders
"Bethesda has developed an excellent curriculum for students with intellectual disabilities. Through visuals, video and an interactive format, this curriculum uses Bible stories to teach students a three step way to love others like Jesus loves. The lessons plans are well designed and easy for volunteer teachers to use. The Kim’s World section provides teachers with insight and application to their students with intellectual disabilities, particularly autism. I look forward to using it in our ministry.” - Dawn Clark, Director of Disability Ministries, College Church in Wheaton
"Paul Miller's book Love Walked Among Us: Learning to Love Like Jesus is one of my all-time favorite books. And now, the biblical truths presented so meaningfully in Love Walked Among Us are wonderfully accessible to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in The Bethesda Series by Jill Miller. As the mother of an adult daughter with autism, Jill understands how to capture the minds of adults with learning differences in ways that impart biblical understanding and show how to apply the gospel to all of life. By providing step-by-step directions, building on repetitive themes, and supplying practical ideas for communication, The Bethesda Series offers a great new option in teaching adults with special needs to not just know more about Jesus--but to know Jesus personally and experience his love, his forgiveness, and his transforming kingship.” - Stephanie O. Hubach, MNA Special Needs Ministries Director, Author of Same Lake, Different Boat: Coming Alongside People Touched by Disability
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: