Compassion, the first study in the Bethesda Series, written by Jill Miller, features 19 flexible lesson plans focused on how Jesus demonstrates compassion as he relates to people. Designed to help disciple adults or young adults affected by disability, each lesson centers on one passage of scripture, bringing it to life through reading, drawing, and role-play. Key lesson features include:
- Reading the Bible together: All passages are reprinted and color-coded in student manuals and the teacher’s manual to make group reading easy.
- Experiencing the story: Each lesson provides an opportunity to engage the students in the story through role-play, puppetry, or videos. A prop kit is available.
- Understanding the story: The teacher’s manual provides simple illustrations to use in drawing out the story visually.
- What about me?: The teacher’s manual provides simple questions that help students apply the teaching to their lives.
This study will help students learn:
- How Jesus sees people and shows compassion
- How our hearts can prevent us from showing compassion
- How to share Jesus' compasson with others.
The study is adapted from The Person of Jesus.